CAPRAROLA PEARL OF CIMINI
In the atmospheric setting of the Cimini mountains, on the slopes of the volcanic basin of Lake Vico, between wooded mountains and valleys, over a tufa rock between two deep ravines formed around the year 1100, the first settlement of Caprarola.
Various dynasties (Orsini, Di Vico, Anguillara, Dalla Rovere, Riario) will mark the life of the place until the beginning of 1500, after the annexation of their estates by the Farnese family in the territory of Caprarola. On behalf of Cardinal Alessandro Farnese, who became Pope under the name of Paul III, was kicked off the construction of the Palazzo Farnese in Caprarola, the realization of which is still tied to his nephew, Cardinal Alessandro.
Engineered and designed by Antonio da Sangallo, the Palazzo Farnese in Caprarola was born as a kind of medieval fortress, which successive drafts of Giacomo Barozzi da Vignola turned into a "Palace" suited to the new status attained by the family. With the construction of the Palazzo also the urban plan of Caprarola underwent changes: to Vignola was given the task of harmonizing, depending on the building, the discontinuous set of houses that made up the country.
For the creation of the street Straight planning techniques used were very challenging for those times. They built bridges, stairways subways; old houses were demolished and built new palaces the most elegant, all to realize that urban masterpiece (the object of study also of the Institute of Architecture of the Prince of Wales - "The Prince of Wales's Institute of Architecture) .that is the historic center of Caprarola . with the gradual decay of the Farnese family, and with the passage of the territory of the Papal States Caprarola for the town began a period far less gaudy. forfeited lands were administered by a "Contractor" and the population was hit hard by not in order to use the land, the only source of income, except as pasture.
1870, with the passage of the territory by the Papal States to the Kingdom of Italy, marked an important turning point for the gradual development of the country. In this period many new facilities were built. Around 1883 Francis II of Bourbon, King of Naples, testamentary heir of the Farnese family, restored the palace. After the unification of Italy of all the lands Caprarola with the Stables and Cantinone passed to the State .Italiano who in 1941 bought entirely the Palazzo Farnese. Gradually it came to the end of the 40s and in the immediate post-war period the Palazzo Farnese became the summer residence of the President of the Italian Republic.
Now it was a much needed urban expansion for the right and the modern requirements of the citizens too much crammed into the narrow old town, and the fact that at the same time you had to respect the existing built-up area in its architectural part, the council thought it right to draw up a plan Regulator by the then famous architect Luigi Piccinato, renowned urban planner mondiale.Il plan, one of the first in Italy at the level of small population centers, after dictating the rules so as not to disturb in any way the old Town itself, or rather to preserve the ancient and striking beauty, predicted the housing boom, now required in two areas west of the abitato.Una named "St. Teresa" and the other "Paradisa." Both were located on two ridges separated by the ditch of the Madonna del Parto. In their turn were divided from the center by another ditch that of Pylos. The same also ditch dividing the city center from the modern school buildings, the elementary and high school medie.La construction of the bridge of Heroes, a work that in the period was in the forefront of the construction technique, with all facilities available funding from the state exploiting the fact that in that period Caprarola was the summer residence of the President of the Republic on.Luigi Einaudi (this was a great wit of the then Mayor Gen.Guido Bonafede), allowed the reunification of both the areas of expansion of the buildings that scolastici.In period always taking advantage of the presence of the President of the Republic, was arranged the trunk road network and sewerage network, was created a new and modern aqueduct, which incorporated the sixteenth century Farnese, bringing water directly from Lake Vico and was finally built the ring road to prevent the transit of heavy vehicles in the town.
At this point you start 'the realization of the two new zones espansione.Da then and now, thanks to the wealth provided by the resources of the territory caprolatto that' the cultivation of the core, the houses are more 'raddoppiate.La area and Paradisa 'become the hub of the city after moving from the city center, post office and
banca.Ha own a mall with many shops retail, supermarket, hairdressers, accountants, bars and pizzerias. Subsequently, a reform plan were created to other areas of expansion: Magliano, Poggio dei Cerri and Casotto, and was also built an industrial area in the locality 'Riario.
Today the old center you can 'consider, in contrast to the 50s, a haven of peace and tranquillita'.Per the many Roman citizens who bought and renovated old houses, and' the rest of their weekend and, some even permanent residence whereas in many cases 'more' comfortable, Caprarola, the achievement of their place of work in the capital.